For the Catholic – This is a compilation of a few of the doctrines from the catholic church as they compare to the Word of God. More exist below and in further detail. Topics:
1. Compare the 1994 Catechism of the Catholic Church with the Bible – This lists a few doctrines from the catholic church and compares them to the Word of God.
2. Catholics Struggle with the Final Authority of God’s Word – This discusses the struggle that the average catholic has between what the church has taught them and what God’s Word says.
3. Catholics Have Different Levels of Sin – This discusses the different grades or levels of sin taught in the catholic church. I compare these beliefs with what the Word of God teaches.
4. Catholics Believe in Purgatory – What does God’s Word say about purgatory? Compare this with what the catholic catechism teaches.
5. What Happened to Limbo? – What does God’s Word say about Limbo? Compare this with what the catholic catechism teaches.
6. The Vicar of Christ – the Pope – Catholics believe that the pope is Christ’s replacement here on earth – His fill-in. Compare this with what the Bible teaches.
7. The Eucharist Helps the Dead – Catholics believe that receiving the Eucharist on behalf of loved ones they believe are in purgatory, will cause them to be released to Heaven sooner.
8. Catholics Believe That Mary Can Save Them – Catholics believe that Mary plays a role in salvation.
9. Catholics Believe That Mary is Holy – Catholics believe that Mary is holy – this provides Scriptures that only God is holy.
10. The Catechism Says that Catholics are Christ – Many catholics will call this a lie and will say that I have misinterpreted their catechism. But please read the three quotes from their own catholic catechism and you will see that I have not misinterpreted it all.
11. Abraham Lincoln Quote on the Civil War – These words are chilling considering they were spoken so long ago.
12. Mary as Intercessor – So what does God’s Word have to say about this title? Let’s find out.
13. Catholics Pray to Mary – Who should we pray to? What does God’s Word have to say?
14. Is Mary Really Queen of Heaven? – Does the Bible support this or is this yet another tradition?
15. Testimony of a Catholic Priest – This is a wonderful testimony of a catholic priest who got saved and shares his testimony. A must read!
16. Catholics Believe that Baptism Saves – What does God’s Word have to say about baptism and when it should occur?
17. Catholics Venerate Statues – What does God’s Word say about statues, etc.?
18. Catholics Are Taught That Only the Pope & Leaders Can Interpret the Bible – What does God’s Word say about this?
19. God’s Word Lasts Forever – But the catholic believes that it has been corrupted by man. What does God say in His Word?
20. Respecter of Persons – What does God’s Word say about this?
21. Each Mass Sacrifices Christ Anew – What does God’s Word say about this?
22. Eternality – God’s Word is not only eternal, but final! What does the catholic do with this?
23. Thy Word is Truth – A Comparison Chart by Former Catholic Priest Richard Bennett Between the Catholic Catechism and what the Bible says.
24. Popedom – Part 1 – History of Popedom as told by Former Catholic Priest Richard Bennett
25. Popedom – Part 2 – A Continuation of History of Popedom as told by Former Catholic Priest Richard Bennett
27. The Testimony of Sister Charlotte – This is an excellent testimony! A must read!
30. 1600 Years of the Catholic Church – This is a chart of when certain traditions and dogmas of the catholic church began.
31. God’s Word is not to be changed! – Many Bible verses that state that nothing supersedes or takes the place of the Bible.
32. Papal Infallibility – A look at the pope who came up with this dogma, Pope Pius IX.
33. A Note to Precious Catholics – Do you truly have peace?
34. Popes’ Quotes on the Subject of Mary – Various quotes on Mary with the Scriptures revealing whether these things are truth.
35. When Did Sacred Tradition Become Equal to the Bible? – A little history on the Council of Trent.
36. To Work or Not to Work, That is the Question – Can salvation be obtained through works?
37. Who has the right to forgive sins? – Compare the catechism to God’s Word.
38. Can a Good Catholic be Saved? – Excellent piece that clearly outlines what is needed for a catholic to be saved.
39. The Church of Patches – A brief look at the foundation of the catholic church.
40. What is Written – What Jesus and the earliest church leaders taught.
41. History Lesson – Mary, Mother of God? – A good history lesson by John Schroeder.
42. Once a Jesuit, Now a Child of God – This beautiful testimony of a former Jesuit priest now a born-again Christian.
43. History of the Early Church Invalidates Apostolic Succession – Excellent historical documentation by a former priest on the early church.
44. What are the Traditions of Men? – Scriptures are compared to the catholic church’s traditions.
45. Catholics Teach Jesus’ Death is not Sufficient – Christ’s blood either paid the debt for our sins completely or it didn’t!
46. Catholics Wrestle with These Two Verses – A look at Ephesians 2:8-9.
47. Do You Have Peace? – Does the catholic truly have peace and 100% assurance about going to heaven?
48. Dogma Versus Scriptures – Which is it?
49. Former Jesuit Priest’s Testimony – This is an excellent testimony by Victor J. Affonso! A must read!
50. Who is the Rock? – Catholics say that Peter is the rock but what does the Bible say?