89 For ever, O Lord, thy word is settled in heaven.
90 Thy faithfulness is unto all generations: thou hast established the earth, and it abideth.
91 They continue this day according to thine ordinances: for all are thy servants.
92 Unless thy law had been my delights, I should then have perished in mine affliction.
93 I will never forget thy precepts: for with them thou hast quickened me.
94 I am thine, save me; for I have sought thy precepts.
95 The wicked have waited for me to destroy me: but I will consider thy testimonies.
96 I have seen an end of all perfection: but thy commandment is exceeding broad.
1. Find all the things the Bible will do for you
2. Find the things you are suppose to do with your Bible
3. Find the things the Bible is likened to
The Psalmist opens this next section of Psalm 119 with an emphatic verse. He has complete and unshakable confidence in his statement. Along with Psalm 12:6-7, these verses support the fact that God can and did preserve His word throughout the ages!
God does not preserve His word for a period of time; nor is His word preserved through the capability of man or his intelligence! God’s word is settled in heaven (Psalm 119:89). I see several things, just in this one verse:
- Who: Whose word is referenced in Psalm 119:89? Thy word – God’s word, not man’s. The Devil’s desire is to corrupt the word of God for several reasons: to remove the deity of Jesus Christ and, therefore, so man cannot find salvation, and so he (the Devil) can take God’s place. The only time Lucifer is mentioned in the Bible is in Isaiah 14:12. But don’t go finding his name in the NIV, NASB, ESV, etc. It can only be found in the King James Bible! Why? Because the Devil, Lucifer, does not want man kind knowing the truth about him or about Jesus Christ, the Saviour. If the Devil can place doubt in man’s mind about the inspired and preserved word of God, he has succeeded already. He removed his name from Isaiah 14:12 and replaced it with “morning star,” which is a name for Jesus Christ (Revelation 22:16). Ask yourself, Christian, “Who stands to gain from changing God’s word?” Satan stands to gain – and he has succeed in producing over 200 different versions of the Bible. Is it any wonder the world is falling apart at the seams?! Is it any wonder that the world doesn’t think God’s word exists today?
- What: What is spoken of in this verse? God’s word is what is settled. God’s word is what shows man his sin. God’s word is what leads man to salvation. God’s word speaks about His Blessed Son, the Lord Jesus Christ. Psalm 12:6-8 give us a clearer picture about the purity and eternality of God’s word and what happens to the “scholars” who change His word:(6) The words of the Lord are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times. (7) Thou shalt keep them, O Lord, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever. (8) The wicked walk on every side, when the vilest men are exalted. God’s word is perfect. He has promised to preserve those words for us for ever! It’s settled! The men who are responsible for the corrupt translations have done a horrible act. They have followed their father, the Devil, and have taken down many souls with them. Oh the price they will pay throughout eternity for changing God’s word! It is a frightening thing to be in the hands of an angry God: ~Revelation 22:18-19 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: 19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book. No author on earth would appreciate someone else changing their writing. In fact, there are laws against it and it is called plagiarism!
- Where: Where is God’s word settled? Heaven! Heaven is the perfect dwelling place. No sin can enter Heaven. No corruption can enter Heaven. God’s plans for mankind were spoken, written and settled – PERIOD. Once a court of law in our land reaches a settlement in a trial, it cannot be changed. It is final! This is what the word means. It’s not rocket science and even a child can understand it.
- When: How long is God’s word settled? FOR EVER! It will not change – it cannot be changed. The Devil has changed it through the years by using his minions. However, God’s word is settled forever and we know Who will win in the end! Ignorant man, despite his knowledge and Ph.D.’s, has been the puppet of the all-time Deceiver, the Father of Lies, Satan! But the Victor is Jesus Christ, Lord of Lords and King of Kings! He preserved His words for us through the uncorrupted King James Bible. We do have God’s word in the English language. All others are heretical attempts to discredit the blood of Christ, His virgin birth, His deity, and His triumpant return!
- For How Long: Psalm 119:90-91 give us an answer! God is faithful – His word is faithful – His promises are for ever! The faithfulness of His word continues to ALL generations (verse 90) and they continue according to His word!
God’s word existed before the creation of all things. His word spoke everything into existence. His word is as much with us today as much as it was with people living before, during and after Christ! How strange it is that people can believe that God created all things in the universe yet He is not able to keep His word from corruption! You limit God by saying such things! God’s abilities are limitless and powerful – just read and enjoy the following verses:
II Samuel 22:32-34,
I Chronicles 29:12,
It’s settled, my friend. God has settled it!