~Romans 16:17-18 Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple.
What have we been taught in the Scriptures?
- Jesus is God – John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
- Jesus was born of a virgin – Mathew 1:23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.
- Jesus died on the cross for our sins – 1 John 4:10 Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.
- Jesus rose from the dead – 1 Corinthians 15:20 But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept.
- Jesus sits at the right hand of the Father – Colossians 3:1 If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.
- Jesus is the only way to Heaven – John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
- We must be born again to go to Heaven – John 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
Who, then, are those that cause division contrary to the doctrine learned from the Scriptures? Study the Word for yourself and find out who stands on different doctrine! Then avoid them! They appear as sheep but are ravenous wolves! I was raised roman catholic. I was taught that there was more to salvation than just the Bible. If your religion teaches this as well, open your eyes, read the Word and find the truth!