Happy Thanksgiving to all of you!
~Colossians 3:15 And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful.
For what are you thankful? Thanksgiving is a holiday that the American people have forgotten the true meaning. It has been kicked out because there’s no money in this holiday. We go straight into Christmas because that’s where the big bucks are. But Thanksgiving is a true American Christian holiday – we have much to be thankful for – all we have to do is recognize our blessings.
Today, please join me in listing your blessings by posting a comment. I would love to share in your blessings. Mine are:
- My salvation – for without the Lord, I am nothing;
- My husband’s cancer is behind us;
- Our son, the Marine, is in Iraq and in the Lord’s hands and we don’t have to worry about his safety;
- Our other son, a Soldier, is going to be visiting us soon and will be stationed at Ft. Lewis, Washington, only 300 miles away;
- Our future daughter-in-law, a Marine, will be visiting us soon before she goes to Hawaii;
- We’re with family for Thanksgiving for the first time since 1975!
I praise the Lord for His blessings. No matter how difficult life gets, I can dwell on these blessings and be encouraged!
God bless your day, friends! Happy Thanksgiving!
© Kate Plourde 2009